Monday, December 19, 2011

Decembering

Hi, I'm back. It's been two years since I've posted--did you miss me? Since then there have been two deaths, about eleven pregnancies, six half marathons, a handful of stops and starts on book projects, one kidnapping, a few tornadoes, and Nola ran away and came home three times. Most of us are still alive and we are mostly happy.

Through it all I'm still buggy.

I think so. I'll have to work on redefining what that means.

I saw the movie Beginnings today and I wondered what it would be like to be terribly beautiful and filled with ennui. So I posed that way on the couch for an hour before Brock said, Okay, playtime's over, it's time to clean up. I came upstairs with a rag and furniture polish and started writing this blog entry instead.

My first full marathon is in March and I'm behind in my training so I'd rather not write or think about it. Maybe I will write later but for now will eat a slice of pumpkin bread.

I can promise you only this: I will continue to generate ideas that will go mostly unfulfilled, which will serve to remind you of all your own untapped potential. That's what I'm here for.

No comments:

Post a Comment